The ATA and GA are member-led organizations of angel investors that recognize the power in working together and uniting the South East early stage investment ecosystem. We are constantly looking for prospective members who will be active investors and participants in selecting, funding and mentoring high quality growth technology-based companies. We recommend that prospective members attend one of our monthly meetings to see GA/ATA at work and to meet other members. Prospective members must submit an application, which will be reviewed by the membership committee. If you are an investor and interested in being considered for membership, please complete the brief data form below. One of our staff members will contact you to discuss next steps, which may include meeting some members and attending a function prior to joining.
Since joining in early 2011, I have gained tremendous insight into both the opportunities and pitfalls of early-stage technology investing. In the process, I have met some great people that share my interests in investing in, and mentoring early stage companies.
Current Member Former Technology Entrepreneur (sold to Xerox)
Membership offers investors many advantages. Some of them include:
- Increased deal flow to top emerging companies across a broad range of industries.
- Improved deal terms as a result of investing collectively.
- High quality monthly meetings with excellent company and educational presentations
- Numerous angel investing resources available through membership in the Angel Capital Association and Angel Resource Institute
- Opportunities to contribute to the Atlanta-area early-stage ecosystem through active engagement in company selection, mentoring and due diligence
- Networking with a group of committed angel investors
"I've been very impressed with the deal flow...the breadth and depth of angel opportunities should be attractive to many types of investors. In addition, members have great industry experience which is very valuable to the diligence and deal process."
Geoff Meacham, PhD.
ATA Member & Global Head of Biotech Equity Research, JP Morgan Securities
ATA members are expected to actively participate in the growth and development of the organization and to support portfolio investments whenever possible. This includes:
- An unwavering respect for the entrepreneur's time, commitment and ideas;
- A commitment to the greater entrepreneurial community demonstrated by a willingness to assist in non-financial ways;
- Respect for fellow members’ time and differing viewpoints and openness to different views and healthy rigorous debate;
- A requirement that feedback be couched in helpful constructive language not unduly harsh criticism;
- Honesty and openness in dealings with members of the community;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn;
- An agreement to respect the privacy of other members and not provide their name or membership to any third party without their permission;
- An acknowledgement that meetings and communications are focused on investment pursuits and an agreement not to solicit another member for business;
- An agreement to disclose to the group any relationship you have or may have with a presenting company, including any personal gain you may receive from the company.
- Meet the SEC definition of an “accredited investor”: http://www.sec.gov/answers/accred.htm
- Have experience managing and building successful companies as entrepreneurs, investors or operating executives.
- Are experienced in or wish to learn more about angel investing, participating or leading Due Diligence, structuring investments and coaching/mentoring entrepreneurs.
- Have a network of domain expertise and contacts for subsequent funding, talent and technology.
- Dedicate time and effort to ATA/GTA activities, including meeting attendance, screening committee sessions, identifying and analyzing investment opportunities and serving on operating committees.
- Understand that typical angel investments can take years before capital is returned, and, in some cases, the company goes out of business and no money is returned.